Living in South Florida means showing lots of skin and that includes your feet. Down here, we spent all year wearing sandals, flip flops and strapy heels exposing our skin to the elements. For me, the constant sun exposure and humidity really does dries the bottom of my feet to the point of causing cracked heels. Cracked, dry heels are not sexy, people! LOL. Fortunately I keep my feet looking good using my DIY Foot Scrub Recipe. I love this recipe
Marifer’s DIY Foot Scrub Recipe
2 tbsp. Sweet Almond Oil
2 tbsp. Vegetable Glycerin
1/2 tsp. Essential Oils (your choice… I love it with Lavender)
1\4 cup brown sugar (regular sugar will also work)
2 tbsp. Grounded Almonds
1 tsp. Baking Soda
// Directions \\
1. In a small bowl, mix sweet almond oil, vegetable glycerin and your favorite essential oil or oil blend
2. Add sugar, ground almonds and baking soda. Mix well until it looks blended
3. Store in a wide mouth jar. I use Mason jars with a wide mouth
// How to use my DIY Foot Scrub Recipe \\
1. Soak your feet in hot water for about 8 to 10 minutes or until your heels feel soft
2. Massage 1 to 2 tablespoons of my DIY Foot Scrub Recipe all over your feet. Pay special attention to your problem areas
3. Rinse and pat dry with a towel
Well I hope you get to enjoy my DIY Foot Scrub Recipe as much as I do. Using this foot treatment on a regular basis will help your heels from getting dried and cracked.
Do you have a Foot scrub recipe you love? Please share in the comments below.
You must log in to post a comment.