One of my 2017 goals is to be happy with less. My first project in minimalism is to build a capsule wardrobe. For my capsule wardrobe, I have decided to buy clothes made with organic and sustainable materials. Sure, some items might be expensive but of high quality. High quality items will last much longer then their fast fashion counterparts. Here are the 10 sustainable clothing brands I am loving right now:
10 Sustainable Clothing Brands
- Bead and Reel: My favorite! Clothing, Shoes, Bags, Jewelry and Baby items. I love this brand because is vegan, cruelty free, Sweatshop free, creates zero waste and is made in the USA.
- Synergy Organic Clothing: Dresses, Tops, Outerwear, Bottoms and even Yoga clothing made with organic cotton materials. Clean designs in beautiful neutral colors.
- Good Cloth: Clothing, Accessories, Jewelry and Home items. High quality and nice designs. Lots of bohemian designs and prints.
- Raven & Lily: Clothing, Jewelry, Accessories and Home goods. Luxurious fabrics, beautiful colors and modern designs.
- YSTR: If you love American Apparel, you will love this label. Their items are perfect for layering. Their clothes are sustainable and Cut-to-Order in Los Angeles. Transparent pricing.
- Everlane: Clothing for men and women. If you love the GAP, you will love this brand. Clean designs and high quality fabrics.
- Eilen Fisher: Women Clothing using ethical and sustainable practices. Petite and plus sizes available. If you love Everlane, you would love Eileen Fisher.
- Indigenous: Men and Women clothing. Modern, clean designs made with organic materials. Fair trade practices.
- Alternative Clothing: Men and women clothing plus accessories, . I love their L.A. Modern, casual vibe. All their clothes are made with sustainable materials and processes.
- Elegantees: Their tops are made with organic materials. I love this brand because each item is made by survivors of the sex trafficking trade. By purchasing a top, you are actually helping someone’s life.
All these brands are highly committed in the creation of their clothes. They control the process: from sourcing materials to hiring the labor. Some even offer transparent pricing on their websites. I feel good shopping these brands knowing that I am also making a difference in the world.
How about you? Do you know of other sustainable clothing brands that are chic? Let me know in the comments below.